Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 3: Solo Espanol

Today was the day of a bet between me (Sarah) and Katie. The bet was that I couldn't speak only Spanish from 9am to 9pm.

I lost.

We went on a 6+ hour hike. I didn't last too long. What got me was when food was mentioned and I asked if we could buy snacks before I realized what had happened...guess Katie isn't the only one whose mouth gets her in trouble ;)
Even though it wasn't long, I was so frusterated because I couldn't say anything that I wanted to say because I had forgotten so much of what I'd learned. Although it was hard it gave me a glimpse of what most people here and in other third world countries must feel like when they come to America where they cannot speak the language and few people understand them. Its rough.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Right now I'm on my way to a nice cold shower.
Oh and when I say cold, I mean this water literally takes your breath away. Its heaven after an almost 7 hour hike.

Oh, mom: I've bonded with a dog over here. I named her Coconut. =] haha. Just wanted to let you know so you can give dad a heads up, I'm bringing her home with me. :p

Vic: I love you and miss you tons <33

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to see you guys.

Always,
Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sarah! hope u havent lost my camara ;] im so glad that your having a great time. i cant wait to hear all about it. we have been having fun but its not the same. i miss you girl. have a great rest of your trip and come home safe.
love and miss you tons!!!

<3 your sister :D

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you're NEVER going to stop bringing stray puppies home, are you? You're gonna have to love Coconut in her native land because she's not coming home with you, sorry. Your dachshund misses you & will give you all the attention you want when you walk in the door! Keep trying to speak Spanish only - win that bet with Katie - you can do it! Everything's fine here; a little quiet with you & Sean gone, though. I'm homesick for my girl .. God's got your back~
I love you, Mom