Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hang in there!

Hey guys, is Fausto,

Thanks for the pics they are great, keep them coming.  I'm sorry to hear some of you caught a bug that your body did not welcome.  Unfortunately immune systems are not equipped with the fire-power necessary to fight these ailments.  So just remember to watch what you eat or drink. Avoid water (and ice) that has not been purified, if you eat a fruit, it doesn't hurt to wipe it off with some bleach.  Don't eat anything cold that contains mayo or such, specially after it has been sitting for a while, that goes for any food.  Anything that sits out longer than 30 will grow bacteria, and even if it gets refrigerated afterwards, the cold wont kill the bacteria, it will just keep it from multiplying.  Do not eat any meat or seafood, unless it has been thoroughly cooked and properly handled.  As far as parasites, Dee!,  send me the kind of parasite name and let me see if there is anything I can research and/or purchase to help.  I definitely have the resources to do so.  I could also investigate home remedies that may be effective.  Always wear shoes, even at the beach, there are certain parasites that enter your body through your feet, especially in Central America.  Just know that I'm here to do whatever is in my power, and know that you guys are young and strong, and can beat this.  I hope this doesn't put too much of a damper on your trip and your mission.  You will make it!  Just let me know how I can help.  Babe, hang in there, you are strong, Tito is fine and I talked to grandma yesterday, he is having a blast and behaving like an angel.  I already told him how much you miss him.  I just finished finals and taking care of loose ends in order to get ready for clinicals. I miss him too and can't wait to pick him up at the airport.  I gave all your family the blog info so they are up to date.  Just keep your head up, and if things get rough I will not hesitate to get in a plane and be there in a jiffy. Love you and will keep in touch. Hope you all feel better soon.

Love 
Fausto

No comments: